Business Strategy, Marketing and Management
At Maitri, we offer business strategy consulting services that help drive profitability and sustainable competitive advantage. We provide industry-specific strategy consulting in areas such as market analysis, re-branding strategy, start-up infrastructure, strategic partnerships, PR, digital marketing, sponsorship, media buying, direct-to-consumer promotions, and advertising. On-line services include WordPress web development, acquisition and retention marketing programs, pay-per-click advertising, blog/forum marketing, email marketing, and social media. We serve clients in a variety of industries including:
(dental, medical, legal, financial, educational etc.)
Record Labels, Artist Management, Musicians
Sports & Fitness
Entertainment & Media
International Cable Television
Our programs are not one size fits all, but every organization we work with shares the goals of increasing web traffic, generating leads, converting those leads into customers and increasing sales. For a free consultation, contact us.
Maitri Consultants have experience in various Media & Entertainment related fields, either as a consultants, entrepreneurs, or an employees in the industry. Project and roles have included the following:
- Cable Television Management: Served as president of Gaylord Cable Networks and managed all operations from Nashville headquarters opening offices in Sydney, Buenos Aires, Guadalajara, and Sao Paulo. Recruited all management personnel for each region and assisted their successful building of production, sales, and distribution teams. Grew Gaylord’s Cable business from two international Country Music Television channels with less than two million subscribers to five localized music channels reaching sixteen countries with over 30 million subscribers, all within two years. Drove a 50% gain in subscriber revenue by negotiating the acquisition of two music channels, and gained distribution throughout Central and South America. Generated significant rating and viewer increases for all channels by initiating a re-branding strategy; Australia experienced 42% growth in viewers and Latin America doubled its average ratings.
- Established China Office for Live Entertainment Company: Hired by BASE Entertainment Company to open Asian headquarters in Macau, China. Set strategic direction, created organizational capabilities in sales, marketing, operations, human resources, finance, with full P&L responsibility. In partnership with Las Vegas Sands Corporation, managed the opening of Cirque du Soliel’s first permanent show in China, overseeing a $4.5 million marketing budget. Responsibilities included PR, digital marketing, sponsorship, media buying, direct-to-consumer promotions, and advertising throughout the Asian region, which resulted in strong ticket and subscription sales. Laid the groundwork for the opening of Disney’s Lion King in Singapore, establishing all marketing and operational strategies which required significant interaction with the Singapore government.
- International Marketing: Hired as a consultant to record labels, media companies, and recording artists to handle all international marketing and promotion. Clients included CMT International, RCA Label Group, Mercury Records, EMI Music, Garth Brooks, Reba McIntire and others. Sold company to Gaylord Entertainment.
- Managed PGA TOUR Level Golf Instructors: Managed all aspects of the business, including operations, finance, sales and marketing. Designed and implemented overall consumer acquisition (B2C) strategies and execution tactics, including website development, media planning, on-line and social media and international development. Resulted in sales of over 45,000 books, 70,000 DVDs and hundreds of golf schools worldwide. Established teacher certification process and branded academies driving additional revenue streams.
- Managed Made for Television Professional Golf Tournaments: Negotiated the purchase of the Jack Nicklaus Productions catalogue of television programming and later monetized the catalogue for a 70% ROI. Oversaw the sale of $3.2 million in sponsorships for the 2003 Michael Douglas & Friends Celebrity golf tournament. Sold interest in company to partner in Latin America.
- Video Library Valuation Prepared a professional evaluation of the Fair Market Value (FMV) of the video library owned by Blue Highways TV, a television network of Network Creative Group LLC. Used income valuation method and enabled company to secure additional bank financing for the business.
- Automotive Television Channel: Developed a business plan and financial forecast for a 24/7 linear network focused on automotive consumers and lifestyle enthusiasts. The channel name and concept was licensed from a well know automotive magazine.
- Managed Operations for 18,000 Seat Live Entertainment Venue: Managed all aspects of the operation, including overseeing staffing, concessions, advertising, marketing and ticket sales.
- Record Label International Marketing: Led all international sales and marketing activities, and managed a multimillion-dollar annual advertising budget. Generated album sales outside the U.S. of 5.5 million units, which represented an increase in departmental revenues from an average annual income of $300,000 to $3.8 million, accomplished over a three-year period. Honored with the Connie B. Gay Founding President’s Award from the Country Music Association (CMA) for outstanding service to country music (1995).
- Television Documentary Production & International Distribution: Associate produced documentary programming for PBS and A&E for a New York based production company. Sold programming to international broadcasters and video distributors.
- Book Publishing: Handled all aspects of book design and publishing for independent author.