Andrew Holecek was a newly published author who had no on-line presence. Whether authors use a traditional publisher or self publish, the job of marketing is increasingly ending up in the hands of the authors themselves.
Put in place all of the elements of author marketing to allow Andrew to build his author “platform”. An author platform is a mix of online marketing elements that gives an author the visibility and authority to reach their target audience.
Elements of Project:
- Launched website on WordPress platform making sure it was SEO compliant, mobile ready and easy for him to manage.
- Developed a robust blog strategy including re-purposing some book content, editing his author blogs and posting audio and video blogs.
- Developed an email marketing campaign.
- Developed an online academy where students pay for self-guided courses.
- Created and populated a Facebook timeline which is updated with regular blogs.
- Set up Twitter, Linked In, You Tube and Google + social media sites.
- Created author page on Amazon.com.