Michael Bennett and Andy Plummer, are golf instruction authors and PGA Tour swing instructors. Stack & Tilt Golf, their golf instruction company, did not have a website or a golf online marketing strategy. They had a new book coming out and wanted to get an instructional DVD out as well.
Designed and implemented overall consumer acquisition (B2C) strategies and execution tactics, including website development, media planning, video production, book promotion, on-line and social networking efforts and international development. Also created successful brand extension through the development of teacher certification and teaching academies.
- Resulted in sales of over 45,000 books, 70,000 DVDs and hundreds of golf schools worldwide.
- Established teacher certification process and branded academies driving additional revenue streams.
- Today a Google search will produce over 7 million results for Stack & Tilt. more than most top teachers in the world combined.
Elements of Project:
Developed Web Strategy
- Developed logo, taglines & website
- Established social media presence
- Managed all search marketing, online display advertising, lead generation and CRM.
- Oversaw all tracking, metrics, and performance activities.
- Coordinated TV and Radio interviews, feature stories in local papers, golf magazine articles, and guest blogs
- Targeted the “Super Fans” though the network of authorized instructors
- Coordinated appearance at local PGA of America section events.
- Selected production company & oversaw budget
- Worked with instructors to develop story board and script
- Worked with Martin Group on cover design
- Handled set up of manufacturing and distribution
- Created comprehensive marketing and PR campaign
- Worked with PR firm to define core messaging, PR strategy and overall PR execution for the company in coordination with the golf online marketing.
Partners: The Martin Group (graphic design); Delaware North (marketing strategy); Tomas Purtell (video production)